Sunday, September 27, 2009

Stastna Cesta







I finally had a reason to get a passport! We took two weeks off from work and went on a vacation to Europe. We visited Germany, Poland, and the Czech Republic. My favorite place was Prague; oh, I can't wait to go back one day! We saw the history of Berlin, went rock climbing in Germany, rode trains through the country, toured kings' and queens' castles, ate traditional Czech cuisine, explored secret caves in the mountains, went to the Scottish Games, experienced the busy life of Prague, walked across Charles Bridge, saw the presidents of both Germany and the Czech Republic, relaxed at the spa, cruised the cobblestone streets by tram, ate at least one Studenska chocolate bar a day, went to a karaoke bar, shopped :) and spent all of Jake's money, walked through more churches and cathedrals than I can even count, and enjoyed every minuted of it! Jake loves Europe and really wanted to take me there. Spending time away from our school, work, and cell phones gave us the opportunity to grow closer and fall in love all over again. It was such an enjoyable experience, but two weeks didn't give us enough time to see everything we wanted to see. Oh well, I guess that just means that we have to take another vacation to Europe some day.

5 comments:

Taryn said...

Europe is awesome! I loved Germany. That's awesome you guys did this while you are young and two weeks sounds awesome!

Doug and Kate said...

That trip sounds like loads of fun. But I have to admit that I'm kinda glad that we haven't made that trip yet. . . because I'm sure to gain 20lbs. when we do, that studenska bar made my taste buds dance. . . I have to have another! Thanks for bringing it back! Doug loved talking to Jake about it!

Dustin and Aly said...

Too FUN!! i'm thinkin next time we all should meet up in europe instead of vegas,..plan? ;)

Billy & Alesa Beard said...

That is so awesome!! I want to go there so bad!! Billy went to that skeleton museum or whatever it is. It looks so cool!

Annalee Taylor said...

Cassie,
I dont know if you will even get this! I have some questions for you, send me your email, ranandanntaylor@msn.com if you dont mind, its about what we talked about at my parents. Anyway, hopefully you get this, if not Ill get your number from someone!